Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2017

The TÜV approval: Another 2 years admission for German roads

I can't believe it myself, but the Volksback is already on the road since almost 6 years!
This week it passed the TÜV inspection again with no advisories - this is how it should be.
Looking forward to more fun with this cool little old piece of automotive history...

Samstag, 3. Juni 2017

Cosmic wheels for sale

I want to sell my set of Cosmic Wheels. 5x130 bolt pattern; 5,5x15 ET45.
incl. 2x 165/65/15 Conti Eco Contact, 7mm thread depth + 2x 185/65/15  Conti Eco Contact 7mm thread depth.All tyres are DOT 2012. The rims are made by Empi, they are in top condition, no scratches or dents.
450€   You can send me a comment or also find my add on Bugnet





Sonntag, 23. April 2017

Fuchs!

After more than 2 years of planning, today the Fuchs wheels were mounted!
The before picture:

... and the after picture:

In the rear I changed from 185/65/15 to 205/65/15 which means a more meaty tyre:
A slight bigger diameter and more width.

No tyre rubbing, no issues on full lock, the wheels seem to work perfect...

Montag, 10. April 2017

New shoes, once more...

Well, it is about time for another set of wheels. Today I had the first 2 wheels mounted and balanced, unfortunately my wheel dealer ran out out of black balance weights... Nothing a black rattle can can't cure...


Montag, 3. April 2017

The last chapter...

After the clutch and everything else was assembled, all noises were gone, I wanted to start a test drive. Believe it or not, yet another problem occured. I was unable to to find reverse...
Today I removed the shift rod coupler cover and found this:
The shift rod coupler fouled the chassis - This prevented the reverse to be engaged.
I tried some deforming of the metal, but I finally used the grinder:



This cut out is invisble, after the cover is re-installed. I have no idea why the gearbox sits like this, but this was the only way to solve it on short notice!

Samstag, 1. April 2017

It ain't over 'til it's over!

Another week passed, another time engine out and in again... Yesterday I was positively sure that all is o.k. - just a little adjustment on the clutch and back onto the streets. Well, that didn't quiet worked out the way it should. Another squeeking noise - this time from the clutch / throw out bearing - only during clutch engagement, plus the fact that the clutch did not disengage, called for yet another engine pull. Today I did again what I can do now almost blindfolded. This time Oli was my mental and physical support. Actually we diagnosed and measured several things, but no "ah - look at this - no wonder it didn't work" moment. Anyway, after we were convinced that each and every bit looked o.k. and some burrs were removed, some surfaces were molykote lubed, we assembled everything for the gazillionth time. We started the engine and checked the clutch: for the first time all feels and sounds well!
Maybe tomorrow we will see a test drive... depending on the weather!