Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

a softer ride...

Yesterday I replaced my (too) stiff red Koni front shocks with some Boge units, originally for BLMC Mini Coopers rear end. Now the ride is much softer - good for my neck, which was often hurting after a ride over Germany's bad quality (and still decreasing) roads...
 minumum length nearly the same

the dampers are shorter in overall height, but as the Volksback is lowered, nothing to worry about...

As VW was using for the Type 3 front beam the exact same dampers as for the Swing axle VW Beetle rear axle units, I believe all of the sporty versions are way too stiff for the lighter Type 3 front end...


While I was at it, I removed the slight surface rust from the front rotors and gave them a light coat of heat resistant black paint - not fully dried in the pic...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen