Another week passed, another time engine out and in again... Yesterday I was positively sure that all is o.k. - just a little adjustment on the clutch and back onto the streets. Well, that didn't quiet worked out the way it should. Another squeeking noise - this time from the clutch / throw out bearing - only during clutch engagement, plus the fact that the clutch did not disengage, called for yet another engine pull. Today I did again what I can do now almost blindfolded. This time Oli was my mental and physical support. Actually we diagnosed and measured several things, but no "ah - look at this - no wonder it didn't work" moment. Anyway, after we were convinced that each and every bit looked o.k. and some burrs were removed, some surfaces were molykote lubed, we assembled everything for the gazillionth time. We started the engine and checked the clutch: for the first time all feels and sounds well!
Maybe tomorrow we will see a test drive... depending on the weather!